Saturday, March 7, 2009

I just got back from Hippy Town!









An old friend and I took a little trip to Makanda, IL yesterday in Southern Illinois and we had a lovely time. I took my nikon along and it felt so good to photograph and document this really great place, and the wine trail roads are some of the best scenic car/bike trails that you will ever find. The lovely Mary Lynn Schroader is the woman pictured here in here inblue studio. You can find her on www.etsy.com search inblue. The garden pics were taken in Rainmaker Art Studio~Dave Dardis' place. His website is www.davedardis.com. He has amazing sculptures! I will post more photos of their work and of this lovely place they call "Makanda"...But for now, I am off to sort the recycling :) Long Live Hippies! Viva el ARTE!

No comments:

Post a Comment